Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving your website so that it achieves a higher ranking in a search engine search result. It is one of the most effective marketing strategies now. There are even companies built specifically just offering SEO services.
Here are a few tips to improve your site's search ranking:
2. Provide relevant content. Put as many appropriate and relevant content with regards to the keywords you are aiming your site to be linked with.
3. Place keywords in your text. Employ keywords that are related to your site in all your text contents. Like for this site, I'm using the keywords "Online Marketing", "Marketing", and "Internet Marketing."
4. Use keywords in file names and other things that you upload in your site.
5. Maintain a consistent order or sequence with your keywords. Shifting to another order or sequence of a term or phrase may affect the consistency and balance of your website and may lower your rank in a search engine.
6. Submit your website to relevant and widely used sources like internet directories. The more relevant links your site has, the better ranking it will get.