Onpage optimization is what we have been doing so far. It involves choosing the right keywords and optimizing your site for these keywords.
Offpage optimization, on the other hand, involves all other ranking factors that google considers in ranking your site. These includes but are not limited to the following:
- The websites that link to you
- The number of websites linking to you
- The Page rank of the website linking to you
- The page title of the site linking to you
- The anchor text used by the site to link to you.
- The number and types of links linking to the website that links to you.